While Rehoboth Beach was occupied by some native populations nearly 700 years ago, the land was poor and the modern city wasn’t founded until 1873 as the Rehoboth Beach Camp Meeting Association. It was envisioned by the Rev. Robert W. Todd as a site for Methodist camp meetings. Disbanded in 1881, the area was incorporated by the Delaware General Assembly as "Cape Henlopen City" in 1891 and two years later became Rehoboth Beach!
Today Rehoboth Beach is home to a beautiful boardwalk - the first was constructed in 1873 - Dogfish Head Brewing Company, concerts, festivals, and one of the largest full time resident population on the Delaware shore. It’s often called the “Nation’s Summer Capital” because so many vacations come from Washington D.C. and the surrounding states.